Tuesday 16 November 2010

Ron's last one (or not)



On Saturday we met up again with Patrick, Donna and their kids, along with my two pests newly returned from a long holiday in Orlando, to do Easiron's series entitled TTTWHSFTCP - a humorous acronym of his That's The Third Walk He's Started From This Car Park.

Starting from the same small car park in Ridgeway we used for a walk I blogged only two weeks ago, we set off on what *was* Ron's last series and was the only caches of his we hadn't yet done. This is another spectacular walk of 11 hides (the last being a calculated bonus) taking in over 6 miles of woodland, farmland, hedgerows and paths. I commented in my logs at the time that Ron had excelled himself with this walk and I think all agreed.

The kids were all quite excitable, as usual, but I do think Christmas is already creeping up. Aside from this we had been to see Paramore at the Sheffield Arena two days before so Jade and Christianna had lots to gossip about.

We stopped at the pub, like last time, when back at the car park but this time we only had coffee and biscuits to help us thaw out - once the sun had set it turned very cold.

The sun was disappearing behind us as we walked down this field.


I don't know whether it was because we've cut back on the walking over the last couple of weeks (bad weather and bad diaries), or whether it was because this walk took in a couple of hills, but the next morning my legs and even my arms(!) were aching quite badly.

Roll on the spring when we can get out more often!

As for Ron, the sneaky chap, he published another series of 8 whilst I was logging these so it looks like we've got another good walk to look forward to!

(Total for the day: 11 of Ron's plus a random nearby cache so the total for the day was 12 caches over 6.6 miles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment