Wednesday 29 December 2010

Christmas Eve Eve

I had taken another day off to use up some of my holidays and also to get out and about again. I decided to do a series in Sheffield called MAP's Animal Trail - MAP being the initials of the three children who placed it with their parents.

This series starts at Endcliffe Park, leads into Bingham Park, onto Whitely Woods and back through Trippet Wood and into Endcliffe Park again. I only know this because I'm looking at my GPS track in another window - I don't know Sheffield too well and I actually thought this walk was pretty much all in Endcliffe Park.

Hmmm that seems strikingly ignorant given that I walked through it all 5 days ago and never noticed - I'll blame it on the heavy snow covering up any signs that may or may not have been there!

---

Hannah, Adam and I arrived just before midday and within moments of leaving the car it started to snow again. It was still very cold with no signs of a thaw but we were wrapped up well and would be OK.

This was a really lovely walk which I am not going to detail except to say when we opened our own supply tub at number 6 (because the pencil in the cache was broken) we noticed a flipping cache log which was full of signatures.

We hardly ever use our supply tub as we rarely do swaps (except for Travel Bugs and these we keep in our pockets). We cast our minds back and hoped that it was because Hannah had swapped a Santa at cache number three. I prayed it wasn't in the tub from another day and another series.
We had no trouble with the series except for a nightmare find at number 7 by which time Adam was cold and had had enough. However we continued as there was no point in returning (because we were actually half way) and also because he's 15 and I say tough.

Back to the car and a drive up to number 3, a quick trot along the track and YES! a missing log quickly replaced - I've never been happier to see something missing!

Home, shower, change and out for Jade's birthday meal. A lovely refreshing day in a very pleasant part of Sheffield and thanks must go to "Hulababy and the.gillinghams" for bringing us here.

[Total for the day was 13 caches and 3.5 miles.]

No comments:

Post a Comment