Wednesday 8 June 2011

A Months Motivation

I confess to being rather lax lately with regards to my blog. As I confessed a couple of blogs ago, Geocaching has become less important to me than the visiting of new places, sights, and the walking. Don't get me wrong, I still like to find and sign caches but I'm less motivated by difficult hides or time-consuming delays.

This means I've not stopped and here's the start of a round up of the last month.

16/05/11 - Catshaw Circular
Out for a Sunday stroll with Patrick, Donna and our 5 kids near Millhouse Green. This was a small series of 3 clue caches leading to a final and was a nice circular walk of 2.5 miles and just what was needed for a Sunday afternoon. After this we headed off towards Win Scar (I think, I'd never heard of it) but as we arrived the weather toured really nasty and we aborted much to the delight of the kids.

29/05/11 - Wentvale and Brockadale
Once again out with the usual gang minus Adam who was on holiday in Cornwall. I've got Jade to myself for a week. Patrick had selected a long series at Wentvale with an option on some other caches. Well he says it's an option but we all know he's going to do them anyway.

This walk turned out to be quite an epic given that we merged the two series together, and also picked up a random couple of puzzle caches on the way through the village. This meant a fair amount of repeated ground and backtracking; indeed we crossed one particular bridge 4 times. Dodgy weather to start with but the day ended in glorious sun. 8.2 miles overall and a surprising number of caches (25) and also many different types of finds including some very original, and funny, hides. Great series to be recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment