Wednesday 20 July 2011

Underbank Reservoir

Sunday 17/07/2011 part 2

On the way home from doing The Puzzle of Long Thwaite Wood I rang my Dad to see if he was going to be in after lunch. He wouldn't be but I could visit in the morning so a plan quickly formulated... a quick visit while he was in, then the nearby caches I had never got around to doing and then the pub again at Bolsterstone to appease the kids.

And so it was that about 12:15 we left the car on Cross Lane at Stocksbridge, where I'd lived for a few years aged 16-22-ish, and we walked up Clay Pits Lane towards 'Adam's Treasure #1' (Coincidentally my son's name.)

I'd had lovely weather in the morning as I'd left Long Thwaites Wood, and also Treeton, but as we'd ventured up the M1 we'd hit terrible rain although thankfully by the time we'd arrived at Stocksbridge it was down to an intermittant drizzle.

After finding #1 the kids were fortunate that the remaining two caches (#2 and #3) were under tree cover. Of course I'd got my waterproof coat but despite being told to bring theirs neither of them had bothered.

We walked past the sailing club and onto Underbank Reservoir, a simple and uneventful two mile drizzly circular walk totalling three easy finds which I'm glad to have ticked off my list at last.

And then up to The Castle for the second time in two weekends. I spoil them.

No comments:

Post a Comment