Monday 17 October 2011

October update

Here's a VERY quick update to my sadly neglected blog:

On Sunday 02/10/2011 the kids and I did a great series starting at Hoylandswaine, circling through Penistone, Oxspring and back to the start. "Calmac's Canter" came in at 8.3 miles and 21 caches in total including a few unrelated odds and ends. A nice walk in an area I'm only partly familiar with.

On Sunday 09/10/2011 the same three of us did a series called "PAT'S 2K" which was laid down recently by my good Geocaching friend Patdhill to celebrate his 2000th find. A terrifically windy day, this series around Old Ravenfield came in at 6.4 miles and 12 finds. It was doubly nice for me as Pat's series celebrates some of his favourite finds and one of the caches was named after one of my caches! Thanks Patrick.

On Sunday 16/10/2011 we three again headed off to Wadsley Common (near Hillsborough) to do a quick-ish series before meeting Dad for lunch. "Wuff's Wadsley Wander" was 2.9 miles and included 13 finds, 1 of which was a nightmare to locate. I had to phone-a-friend to Patrick for this and then again at the end simply to rush to the final as we were late for our appointment. Some innovative hides in this series, especially the last one.

I'm now 13 short of 1000 so I'm hoping to do something nice next weekend to celebrate it. I have a good idea what I'd like to do but it depends a little on the weather plus, as Patrick teasingly says, it's hard to get people to join me when I've done "so few" and everyone else has done them all!


More news next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment