Wednesday 21 July 2010

Day two

Day two of my blog and today I'll be starting the mundane log of reporting about my previous day's caching - and trying to come up with interesting stuff when all we did was walk. Fear not, I'm pretty sure I'll not write about everything; after all this is my diary and when I look back on it in years to come I'll probably not care that I walked down xxx lane to get to yyy woods.

Having said that, it's partially interesting that last night we walked down First Lane to get to Wickersley Woods, got the cache, and then walked down Second Lane to get another. It seems the inhabitants of Vicker's Ley back in 1600 didn't have much of an imagination with regard to road names.

In total we walked 3.1 miles to find 4 scattered around caches including a mystery one by the legendary Mr. Truffles for which I'd worked out the clue several weeks ago. The clue to his next mystery (written inside the lid) was solved quickly on-site, with the help of Google, so we'll probably get onto that one at the weekend.

It was also nice to find another one by Yorkypudding and her other half Ageinghippy. It was the next one in the multi-user series after the first one we planted; Rotherham Curse of the First To Find #9. We really must meet up with them as I believe they live only 1/2 a mile from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment