Thursday 22 July 2010

Torrential Rain

Ha! I bet you were hoping to read a post about me getting drenched. I'm sorry, it's torrential rain as I type this but it was fine last night; very humid and warm so I suppose today's weather was overdue.

I try to write this blog without naming too many names or places that might impact my privacy and that of those around me, but there's another privacy issue I have to consider...

Take last night for example - I found was what possibly the hardest cache I've ever successfully found and even that was only on the second visit and after an additional hint by the cache owner. The problem I have now is that I want to explain why it was so difficult but in doing so it would take a clever geocacher only moments to compare this blog entry side-by-side with my caching log and work out which one I'm talking about.

I have to think about this. The chances are that them working backwards like that (from blog to cache) is highly unlikely to be of use to them, unless they're stuck on that cache already sometime in the future and using Google to try to find any hints on the Internet.

I'll leave it to ponder on.

Speaking of privacy, I've had a request to mention Geophishing but I also have a threat to forget about it from a certain someone who got the sport's name mixed up - I think I'll not mention it. [edit for clarity: there is no such thing as geophishing.]

Anyway, aside from the single cache last night (which I sneaked off to do during my son's guitar lesson and only just found in time) I have nothing to report so I'll sign off instead of waffling on indefinitely.

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment