Friday 6 August 2010

Chapter 7 in which Pooh discovers an amazing co-incidence

(I couldn't resist a Winnie the Pooh type start; I loved the books as a kid and I loved reading them to my kids when they were young enough.)

Anyway I couldn't believe my ears when, as I was packing the car ready to set off on holiday last week, a lady pulled up outside my house and introduced herself. I had spoken to this person before regarding an irrelevant (to this blog) local issue and knew she lived 8 houses away, but I didn't know who she was.

Well slap my thighs and call me Frank but it was Yorkypudding; a local Geocacher with a couple of thousand finds, dozens of hides and an equally keen Geocaching husband Ageinghippy. We'd conversed by email several times and knew we were in the same area but 8 houses! It sure is a small world.

It also has to be noted that she's the owner of several of the nastiest caches I've ever scratched, bumped and scraped my way to finding - damned woman :)

I'll add a P.S. here for myself in years to come... weight loss now up to 12lb. (Hey and that's even after having just been on an all-inclusive holiday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment