Monday 6 September 2010

Damflask

After my sister bravely completed the Sheffield 10k run on Sunday morning we met up with my Mother and set off for a short route around Damflask near Lower Bradfield on the outskirts of Sheffield. This was a nice easy stroll around a reservoir, put together once again by Mr. Truffles.

If anyone is after an easy Sunday afternoon's walk I do recommend this one - there's a total of 14 finds, 3 of which are puzzle caches but are simple to calculate en-route, the walk is all flat and the hides are pretty easy. We logged it in at 4.4 miles total and to top it off you can have an ice cream on the way to the bonus cache!

I tried to motivate the kids into getting involved by offering £5 to whichever of them got the most finds. This caused some squabbles in the last couple of seconds at several caches, but Adam soon became despondant when he was 4-0 down to Jade with 7 found and only 7 more to go. At this point, to motivate him YET AGAIN, I changed the rules to £1 per find each. Well blow me down if he didn't win 5-4 in the end.

Hopefully he might have learnt a lesson about not giving up.

Hopefully I might have learnt a lesson about not changing rules and losing an extra £4!

No comments:

Post a Comment