Thursday 16 September 2010

Only fools and horses

We rushed from work last night to a new local cache that had been published two hours earlier. I knew the odds were against us as my friend Patrick was out and about and I had a sneaking suspicion he'd be onto this one.

The cache was a simple find and it looked good for an FTF until I opened the crisp new log sheet and saw his name at the top. He emailed me later mocking me, saying "Hi STF" (presumably "second-to-find") and then saying his wife had found one earlier he couldn't find and he hated being a runner-up, something I presumably was used to by now.

They say revenge is a dish best served cold so I'll bide my time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As promised last week (here) I returned to pick up the actual Wath Wood Wanders cache last night.

Despite abandoning my son at his guitar lesson ASAP, parking the car nearer to my destination and also running 200m to the cache it was still dark by the time I arrived. And I'd forgotten my torch. Again.

Fortunately the cache was a doddle to find.

As I leant on a nearby fence, to sign the log, I got the fright of my life as a horse nudged me. It had followed me up it's field as I'd walked up the woods. I petted it and within a couple of minutes there were 4 of them.

I showed them the swaps in the cache but they weren't interested.

Funny things horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment